Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Girokonto, Mikrowelle

I finally have a bank account! It was so easy I wish I had gone into a branch straight away. Never mind. The lady was very friendly: she spoke only in German but we conducted the whole transaction in German and had a few laughs along the way. If I didn't understand something she was very patient, and only had to look up one word (insurance: she tried to upsell me).

Unfortunately I don't get my card and Pins etc for like, 10 days, but I can at least get paid now! Which is a Good Thing.

I then caved and bought myself a microwave, then lugged it home. Carrying a microwave home from the bus and up 4 flights of stairs is not easy, and my arms are sort of shot for the day I think.

Am having a lot of trouble bringing myself to finish this teaching qualification. I have done all the hard subjects and only have 2 left to do!! For God's sake, Fleen, it's only an 800 word essay (1 of the subjects). SO not hard. I used to be able to knock them over in an hour or two. But I just... blaaargh. Its the study of theories of Second Language Acquisition, and I'm writing my essay on Universal Grammar (the brain creates intrinsic rules about how to communicate - which means there are rules that are then universal among all languages. Or something.).

Need to join the state library, do a step class, organize to get my CV translated into German and then going to a party tonight.

Fleen xo

No comments: