Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Schlag mich baby noch einmal!!!!

First thing is first. Last night I heard the end of these guys performing an absolute classic. See for yourself :-)



It was at the Gendarmenmarkt - another Christmas market!! but with live performances.

Here is a ripped photo of the Gendarmen Christmas Markets



Met a family friend today and we went to the Hamburger Bahnhof Modern Art Gallery. It is a MASSIVE MASSIVE space with sooo many rooms and exhibitions that we didn't get all the way through it. There was some interesting, and some very odd and sometimes annoying art in there :-) Lowlight was a film that may as well have been called "Man screaming for no apparent reason - 4:27". Still there was some very interesting stuff too.

Had my first coaching today at the Deutsch Oper which was pretty good. Worked on the Countess and Fiordiligi.

Ham Tharn

Oh yeah I thought I'd post the reason for my "ham tharn" the other day. This is about half of the cured meats aisle at my local shopping market.

 


I Got Mail!

I got my first piece of German mail addressed to me today!! I am officially Frau Kathleen Parker. Actually I got two. The first one is my tax number. Woooo! Secondly, a rejection letter from the bank saying they won't give me an account. Hmm... I guess an unemployed expat is not the most attractive customer but still... there was nowhere on their form for me to add that I have regular income even though I technically don't have a job. From doing some reading, apparently a lot of expats get rejected from some banks, but there are some banks who will take anyone. One of them is Sparkasse. So I guess I'll just head down that way tomorrow morning.


 

So plans for the rest of the week: Tomorrow some recit learning, a step class and a boat party language swap at night! Thursday a coaching and English speaking drinks at night. Friday ice skating!! (eislaufen) and I really want to see the Komische Oper production of Armida. Dying to see a Registeater production for a change! Bring on the S&M opera heroine :-)

 

This chick has the best job in the world. Komische Oper's Armida


Saturday night Brazilian restaurant dinner meetup. Sure to be a brunch somewhere on Sunday.

Fleen xo






 

No comments: