Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Have entered the ROSL, and also Operalia (coz you just never know, really).

I learnt at the post office today that while regular post is 3 Euros, express post for the same thing (just documents) is 40 Euros. 40 EUROS! That's like, AUD60!! Unmoeglich!!

Still, I had to do it. Keep forgetting I guess that London, while close, is international.

Am recovering from my first German Erkaeltung. They take illness quite seriously and are quiet sympathetic. In Australia, we're all "Harden up, mate". Or at least that's how it is in my family (solitary tear). :-p

The word for snot in German is Der Rotz.


New German haircut


A fringe in German is called a Pony. The hairdresser girl wasn't great to be honest - I mean the cut is fine and the colour is good, but my fringe is uneven and she left a MOTHER of a colour stain on my forehead that she couldn't get off so she told me to go home and try perfume in a couple of hours.

Price wise, it was on par with what I am used to paying. Had to laugh though when I found out that John actually paid MORE than me for a guy haircut and there was no colour involved.

School is kind of hard. The grammar is getting scary! But my classmates are lovely and I'm doing alright. Just might actually need to study. Or something.

Might go to see a Bertold Brecht play with my school, and also the Artemis Quartet for 10EU through my school. Apparently they are the best quartet in the world. They're doing Beethoven which I think I could definitely handle. The Goethe Institut has a very thorough culture programme as part of the course.


Fleen xo




1 comment:

Heather said...

Anne Ginette always maintained the word for Snot in Swedish was "Snewen" Perhaps we should find the word for "snot" in many languages?? I like your fringe (or pony or bangs) If you get into Operalia even to the quarter final I'll be there like a shot (but don't tell GG) When do you find out?