After a brief debacle with a neighbour last night I did some research on noise pollution laws and opinions.
It seems there is a great divide among the people regarding music making in private apartments. The law (I haven't actually read it directly, only heard it quoted with varying degrees of accuracy) states you can practise for somewhere between 2-3 hours per day, between 9 - 1pm and 3 - 7pm/8pm/9pm/10pm. (This isn't clear).
I generally wouldn't practice before 10 or 11 and I wouldn't go past 7pm.
It's a bit iffy as to whether my voice would be considered "disturbing" by the law. Probably. I can't sing quieter. I know I'm loud. I get that it's probably disturbing. But opera singers have lived here for years so I didn't think it would be an issue. That's kind of why I moved to this apartment.
The neighbour was so rude and angry. She's obviously been bottling it in for months and finally cracked. Her husband tried to calm her down and talk to me rationally but even that was kind of hard. I tried to be all diplomatic and say "Can we come to an agreement" but she went "No! No Agreement! No solution!!" Ummm.... ? So what next, love?
I guess as long as I stick to the laws, don't sing during Ruhigzeit or on Sundays or public holidays and communicate with the landlord I should be OK... and she can just stick it.
Fleen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment